Valley Medical Care is currently seeking an X-Ray Technologist. The X-Ray Tech performs all routine diagnostic radiographic procedures through proper patient positioning, technique selection, application of immobilization and radiation protection devices. An ideal position for new graduates. Monday – Friday, no call or weekends.
- Performs all routine diagnostic radiographic through patient positioning, technique selection, and application of immobilization and radiation protection devices as established by protocols, policies and procedures.
- Receives requests, checking for special instructions from the requesting physicians. Consults with Radiologists as necessary.
- Greets patients-confirming their identifications performing the correct procedures as directed and completely explaining the procedure to patient and family as directed.
- Operates and enters information through a clinic computer system. Documents required information and patient history in the electronic medical record. Documents other information as required.
- Completes examination, consultation, and billing procedures as required. Performs POC testing, Universal Protocol and other paperwork as applicable.
- Also perform Dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DXA) scans. Experience preferred but not required.
SPECIFIC EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, AND LICENSURE:
- Graduate of an AMA approved Radiological Technology School.
- Certification in Radiological Technology within one year of graduation, issued by the American Registry of Radiology Technologists.
- CPR certification is required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $33.00 – $36.00 per hour